Friday, February 18, 2011

Name This Lure...


Most people don't realize that in addition to my other interests, I'm also a part-time lure designer. Here's one I've been working on and tweaking for quite some time now. It's a completely original design; pliant yet stiff. The knobbies are for, uh, increased sonic hydro-harmonics as the bait is retrieved. I envision this lure as a swimbait-jerkbait hybrid, sort of a cross between a Zara Spook and a really big fluke.

I can't wait to try it out this spring. I think it's going to be a fish-catching machine, but for some reason the dogs love this thing. I can't keep 'em away from it...

I'm working on the marketing and distribution plan now, but I need to come up with a name. Any suggestions?  

9 comments:

  1. The knobbly pink pig thing
    or Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great... I mean... ahem... truly inspirational...

    I say name her: The French Maiden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go offshore with this and you've got a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I just realized that some of you may not realize that it's actually a retrieving bumper and not a giant French tickler.

    My bad. When good jokes go wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn.. I was gonna say name it the fish retriever or the dogfish, but your last comment kinda derailed me.

    ReplyDelete